33 W. Micheltorena Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Google Map Link

(805) 966-9662

Truth About Lead Based Paint

By Holehouse Construction Company on Jan 06, 2015 at 02:21 PM in Current News

Lead is a highly toxic metal that may cause a range of health problems, especially in young children. When lead is absorbed into the body, it can cause damage to the brain and other vital organs, like the kidneys, nerves and blood.

Lead may also cause behavioral problems, learning disabilities, seizures and in extreme cases, death. Some symptoms of lead poisoning may include headaches, stomachaches, nausea, tiredness and irritability. Children who are lead poisoned may show no symptoms.

Both inside and outside the home, deteriorated lead-paint mixes with household dust and soil and becomes tracked in. Children may become lead poisoned by:

  • Putting their hands or other lead-contaminated objects into their mouths,
  • Eating paint chips found in homes with peeling or flaking lead-based paint, or
  • Playing in lead-contaminated soil

Take a moment to look at the brochure "Protect Your Family from Lead in Your Home" for additional information on how to protect your family from lead hazards. Click here to download.

Aug 31, 2016 Arrow1 Down Reply
bali bois

"We are specialized in tropical wooden houses, prefab, wooden house constructor, bungalows and gazebos."

http://www.parisbalibois.com/en/